This presentation is a recording of a webinar given on 2/11/2021 by Clearwater’s Cybersecurity Consultant, Trapper Brown.
Like all critical infrastructure industries, Healthcare and Public Heath (HPH) entities must ensure that they are comprehensively protected from cybersecurity threats. Most organizations focus on the “outer-perimeter” and forget that one of the most dangerous threats comes from within: The Insider Threat. According to The Ponemon Institute, the amount of insider-based cyber incidents has increased by 47% since 2018. With this information in mind, it is paramount that organizations adapt and shift their focus to address the insider threat or suffer increased operational and financial consequences.
This webinar will cover how to define, inventory, manage, and respond to insider threats by showcasing past breaches and commonly made mistakes.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Define the insider threat and how to inventory them within your cybersecurity program(s)
- Ways that insider threats have affected healthcare organizations and how they might have been prevented
- Mistakes commonly made by organizations when preventing or responding to insider threats
- How information system activity reviews are key to preventing or reducing damage done by insider threats
- Define an information system activity review and how to identify the systems that create, receive, maintain, or transmit ePHI in order to properly defend against insider threats